Sunday, April 26, 2009

DEPECHE MODE FREE CONCERT,4/23/09 (HOLLYWOOD)

Heard via the internet grapevine that DM was putting on a free concert in Hollywood for all their loyal fans (which i'm not really). Of coarse my friends (Yvonne & Mishi) & I pounced on this right away. The only problem was that we heard conflicting stories that you had to have a ticket. Regardless,we decided to wing it & see if we could get in. Instead of driving we took the subway,which always freaks me out going through tunnels (hello,possible earthquake?!). When we got off at Hollywood/Vine it was everybody in their mother out in force! I had heard that the concert didn't start until 730p,and we had gotten there around 3pm. I didn't want to stand in the hot sun,in line,waiting to get in...screw that! i persuaded my chums to go get something to eat with me...my treat. Passed by Kabuki just in time for their happy hour :) I usually talk crap about this restaurant because i notice their service is like molasses & it usually is. But today it wasn't that busy,so i'll refrain from complaining. The happy hour special is grrrrrrrrrreat! Can't beat the drink prices & the happy hour sushi they have on the menu. To start off our lil adventure we had saki bomb shots....oooh,boy! On an empty stomach,it was a rare case of the giggles for me ;p We placed our sushi orders,along with more drinks & began to relax & gossip (can't tell on what that was!). Once the food arrived in droves,it was one big pigout fest. Another friend of ours,Maritza,showed up & we tied a few more on. Afterwards we headed toward the venue. Well we get there & the line is ridiculous! I'm sorry,i don't do lines! I'm thinking,forget this,let's go hang out at Kung Pao Kitty. But my friends were insistent since we trekked out there. Maritza struck up a conversation with a random girl who told her that she had an extra ticket if she wanted it. LUCKY DOG! that left us in the cold. But not for long because Mishi ran into a former coworker (Mike) & he said he had a total of 3 tickets, if we wanted them. I asked him how he was going to get in,but he wasn't bothered,he had seen them a bunch of times in concert. SWEEET! Mike walked us up to the ticket holders line,but because security wasn't paying attention,he was able to get in on the sly with us...HA! The area were were in was a huge parking lot at Hollywood/Cole & there was a sea of people...i'd say a good 6,000 or so? The concert itself was "meh!",I could've done well without hearing their new material (wrong!). But they really rocked the old stuff ("personal Jesus" for one).I for one was pretty much over it by then,so we left & walked to Kung Pao Kitty for appetizers & drinks. From the kitty it was the Burgundy Room to dance & check out Jeremy Miller's set.































































No comments:

Post a Comment